Hello Soul Mates! I’m so pleased to be a part of such a fun blogging team! This is my first post here and I’m very excited. My book, War Eagle Women, was just published last November on Amazon by SMP and will be going to print soon.
To show my fellow writers some love, I wanted to choose something special and helpful. I’d like to give you 5 reasons you, as an author, should be blogging.
1. Blogging is an easy way to get your name and book front and center. I’m sure you didn’t write your book so that only you and a few close friends to read. We’re authors: we want our work to be read by as many people as possible.
2. Blogging keeps you in writing mode. As much as we love writing, it’s also a universally accepted fact that writers are always procrastinations! We have great ideas, but we tend to think about writing it down…someday. Blogs posts don’t have to be long. In fact, most blogging experts say 250 words is about right. Come on, you can write that in your sleep!
3. Blogging establishes you as an expert. The more blogs you write, the more you become an authority in your field. Do you write steamy romances? Give your readers tiny snippets of your writing to keep them interested and waiting for your next installment!
4. Blogging doesn’t have to cost a dime. Who doesn’t need free publicity?
5. Blogging increases your fan base. When people read your blog, they feel like they know you, and this creates a connection that translates to sales in countries you may not have thought possible. For my blog, Tina Bausinger: Southern Mom (http://tinabausinger.com) I have readers in Israel and Australia, and I have a link directly to my book War Eagle Women, just in case they want to check it out. It’s pretty neat.
So if you haven’t already, log on to WordPress and get started. Next time I will talk about possible topics for romance writers to blog about.