Settings really lend themselves to romance. In Vampire King of New York, the action happens in Manhattan mostly as that’s where the king lives when he is not in Iceland.
While certain places in the book are secret since vampires are like that, other places are public and you can visit them. If I were to make a Vampire King of New York Place Tour, it would go like this.
1. The Tour would start in Battery Park near Max’s house and not far from the secret location of the Arnhem Society. Of course, we would not dare show you which townhouse is his but it’s there.
2. Next is the New York Public Library famed for the stone lions out front. This is where Evelyn Beaumont works. Max would hang out there vying for her attention. This library is at 5th Ave at 42nd St, New York, NY 10018.
3. The American Museum of Natural History located at Central Park West & 79th St, New York, NY 10024, is where Max introduces Evelyn to Viking culture through a private showing of the Viking exhibition he arranged. Currently the exhibits have changed, but it is still one of the best museums in the world to visit. My personal favorite is the planetarium show. Max loves it too.
4. Next is an unusual museum with a medieval quality called The Cloisters. You can view as Max and Evelyn did “The Unicorn in Captivity” and then eat at the cafe. It’s located at 99 Margaret Corbin Dr, New York, NY 10040.
5. Next is Chinatown! There is so much to do, see, buy and eat in Chinatown. I can’t include it all. Here is a link to a self-guiding tour. http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/things-to-see-in-chinatown-new-york-a-self-guided-tour/
6. We end our tour of Max’s Manhattan with a trip to The Statue of Liberty. While they won’t allow us walk on her head behind her crown as Max did, (shh, let’s not tell them about Max) it is still a wonder to visit. Here is the link for planning that trip off Manhattan Island for the statue: https://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm
Thank you for coming along with Max and me on the Vampire King of New York Place Tour. See you in New York!
Susan Hanniford Crowley, Amazon Kindle Bestselling Author of Vampire Romance
Vampire King of New York is available at
Amazon in Print and Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-King-Susan-Hanniford-Crowley-ebook/dp/B00D70NC6O
Barnes and Noble Print and Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/vampire-king-of-new-york-susan-hanniford-crowley/1116839039