An ordinary man can…surround himself with two thousand books… and thenceforward have at least one place in the world in which it is possible to be happy.
We don’t know about you, but the thought of surrounding ourselves with two thousand books makes us very happy. We love to read, we love books, and we love to surround ourselves with books of all kinds. Even if we haven’t read a book, we can rarely bear to part with it.
What about you? Does your passion for books border on the obsessive?
You might be addicted to books if…
- You never leave a bookstore without buying a book.
- You read multiple books at any given time.
- There’s a book—or more—in every bathroom, by every easy chair, and on your nightstand.
- There’s no such thing as taking out only ONE book at a time from the library.
- The librarian knows you by name.
- Your paperbacks are stacked two deep on your shelves.
- You had to buy a Kindle and a Nook because you’ve run out of shelf and floor space in your office.
- Your friends think you are their personal lending library.
- You get so lost in a book that you don’t hear your name being called.
- You read while walking down the street.
- You’ve actually created furniture using your books.
- You have every book your favorite authors have ever written and eagerly await their next releases.
We have done all these things at one time or another, and we must admit …. we’re addicted to books. How about you?