With the start of a new year, many people take a look back at where they’ve been, before turning their attention to where they’re going. 2018 was an eventful year, both around the world, and in my own small sphere of influence.
The end of 2018 saw the release of my ninth book in seven years. Not too bad for someone with a full-time day job.
September was a pretty monumental month. I discovered and met my half sister and her family. And we had a lovely gathering for the end-of-year holidays.
In July, my husband and I took an incredible trip to Tanzania—one we’ll never forget.
May presented an opportunity to visit Ecuador and the Amazon basin, which my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed, celebrating our twenty-third anniversary while on the trip.
In March, I was honored to emcee The Women of Distinction Awards, an annual program recognizing outstanding women in my local community.
Also in March, I hit another milestone birthday: 55!
Unfortunately, I lost a few people I call friends—a couple of them dear friends whose loss has left an empty space in my heart.
On a happier note, I recorded a few more finals and awards, of which I’m very proud:
- 2018 EPIC eBook Award Winner (Romancing Dr. Love)
- 2018 EPIC Ariana eBook Cover Awards Finalist (Romancing Dr. Love)
- 2018 Maine Romance Writers Strut Your Stuff Finalist, Contemporary Romance (Winning Dr. Wentworth and Educating Dr. Mayfield)
- 2018 Greater Detroit Romance Writers of America Booksellers’ Best Finalist, Novella (Educating Dr. Mayfield)
- 2018 First Coast Romance Writers National Excellence in Romantic Fiction Award Winner, Novella (Educating Dr. Mayfield)
- 2018 Orange County Romance Writers Book Buyers Best Winner, Novella (Winning Dr. Wentworth)
- 2018 Orange County Romance Writers Book Buyers Best Second Place, Novella (Educating Dr. Mayfield)
Overall, world events notwithstanding, 2018 was a pretty terrific year. But, with the exception of finding and forming a relationship with my half-sister, of all this year’s achievements, maintaining my health and the health and happiness of my family was the most important.
Happy New Year!