Photo by Catherine Hershberger
At my house, the spring garden is in full bloom. The snowball bush, shown above is so laden with blooms that you can hardly see the bush. All the beds have been cleaned and mulched. Now I can see every weed that has popped up in the last 2 months since spring cleaning. And it’s driving me nuts.
I’ve come to the conclusion, over the years, that I’m a garden junkie. If you are a gardener, are you a junkie too? Take this quick quiz to find out your junkie status.
You might be a garden junkie if…
- A picture of a garden … any garden … makes you gasp in ecstasy.
- You love the smell of newly laid mulch.
- You subscribe to every garden magazine you find.
- You carefully replant every earthworm you accidently dig up.
- Horse sh**t isn’t a curse word to you, but a source of free fertilizer.
- You plan your vacations around spring cleaning, summer blooms, fall blooms, and winter cleanup.
- You know the exact number and species of every tree, bush, and flower in your garden, and most of the weeds too.
- You always buy more plants than you can plant in one day.
- You know the garden center employees by name.
- You have more pictures of you garden in your smart phone than family members.
If you answered yes to number 1 you are definitely a beginning gardener. Don’t despair, just keep on digging and you’ll eventually reach junkie status. If you answered yes to numbers 1-5, you are well on your way to joining the elite. If you said yes to 1-9 then you are an avid gardener.
And if you said yes to all 10 statements, you, my friend, are a garden junkie.
If you’re a Garden Junkie and If you’d like to get your garden fix, join me and some other lovely writer gardeners on my blog at A Writer’s Garden every Thursday. Each week you’ll see lovely pictures of gardens and meet some new garden junkies and authors. And welcome to the Garden junkie club!
About the Author:
Multi-award winning author Catherine Castle loves writing, reading, traveling, singing, theatre, quilting and gardening. She’s a passionate gardener whose garden won a “Best Hillside Garden” award from the local gardening club. She writes sweet and inspirational romances. You can find her award-winning Soul Mate books The Nun and the Narc and A Groom for Mama, on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.