I have found during this pandemic that I appreciate all the little things that family and friends do for me. Many people don’t know that I’ve had breast cancer, chemotherapy, and surgeries. The whole process for me took over a year, and I’m still recovering. But I am profoundly grateful.
Here’s a mini list not in any order of importance.
- I am grateful to God. I love my church which at this time is still closed but I know that God’s love is always with me no matter where I am.
- I’m grateful to my husband. He makes me Cream of Wheat every morning as my stomach is still recovering too. (Laughs.) We are in seclusion because of COVID 19. Being together for such a long time has become increasingly wonderful.
- I’m grateful for my grown daughters and grandchildren. They are funny and enlightening and still bring adventure to my life, even if it is with masks, social distancing, and often on FaceTime.
- I’m very grateful that there is now toilet paper in my supermarket again. Now you can laugh a lot.
- I’m grateful that my cats are endlessly entertaining. I think because we are home so much, they think they are obligated. Buffy tried to write on my laptop the other day and added a lot of Zs. I never knew she was a potential novelist.
- I’m grateful for my home, which fortunately storms have missed. In my area during the last hurricane, many trees went down and some on houses.
- I’m super grateful for air conditioning. Since I can’t go to the beach (my doc says that I’m high risk and there are tons of places I can’t go), I am happy to watch Beach Blanket Bingo with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon on tv and in the way of air conditioning.
- I’m grateful to be writing again.
There are times when we are down in the dumps because of all the negative stuff in the world right now. It helps me to make a gratitude list. You can make yours as long as you want and add to it over time. It brightens my day.
All the best for a fun fall filled with amazing experiences!
Susan Hanniford Crowley