Crawfish Stew for the Soul:
Something we love in Louisiana is the mudbug, aka the crawfish. We make a dish of them in many ways, and my mother loved to make what she called “crawfish stew.” Not, etouffee, that’s different!
2. Shallots—maybe three
3. Bell pepper—1
4. Celery—1 stalk from the pack
5. Pack of frozen crawfish
6. Cooking oil/butter—maybe a tablespoon
7. Tabasco sauce
8. Cayenne pepper
9. Tomato paste—1 can
10. Seafood stock
13. Salt and Pepper
1. Brown/soften ingredients in butter or cooking oil
2. Mix crawfish into the ingredients–thawed
3. Add tomato paste
4. Add 2 cans of seafood stock.
5. Season with thyme, parsley, pepper, and salt
6. Cook on a low light for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Serve over rice, potatoes, or your choice of vegetable (If you are watching your carbs).