By Jeanine Englert
Looking for a gift for a writer in your life? Are you a writer looking for a gift for yourself, since that too is allowed? Well, this post is for all of you. Here are my top five gift recommendations for a writer in your life or for a writer that wants to treat themselves this holiday!
- Frixion Erasable Clicker Pens. I love these pens. I mean, I LOVE these pens. It may be criminal how much I adore them. They have various colors, are super erasable, and have a nice writing flow. They aren’t cheap, but they aren’t crazy expensive (even though I think they are worth every penny).
- Heavy Duty Leather Bound Journals. I have several of these and I love them too. After years of using spirals and composition books, I have made the jump to these sewn leather-bound journals as they have more staying power. I especially like this one my husband got me as it has metal latches which make it even more durable.
- Warmies Microwavable Slippers and/or Therapeutic Face Mask. It may sound crazy, but these are amazing. I got the slippers with a light lavender scent, and as someone who writes very early in the morning around 4am, these heated slippers are amazing. Just be careful not to exceed the recommended heating times and give them a few seconds to cool before putting them on. Same goes for the heated face mask.
- A Gift Card to Etsy, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Your Favorite Local Bookstore. Little can bring more giddiness to my heart than getting a gift card for one of these sites or stores. So many possibilities for book swag, research books, or just more books! You can never go wrong.
- A Coupon for a Spa Day or Similar Personalized Self-Care Outing. While I love a hot stone massage or a movie followed up by a trip to Five Guys for a burger and fries, another writer might like a different kind of outing as a way to take care of themselves, so there are many options for this one. Horseback riding, a hike, a night away at a hotel without any adult responsibilities looming, or just a day at home where they can choose to do everything or nothing at all.
So, whether you are the writer or love one, don’t forget to give yourself the most important thing this holiday season: grace. Listen deeply, savor the moments, forget what day it is, and cherish those you love, and of course don’t forget to cherish yourself.
Care to share a favorite writer gift idea? Feel free to drop a comment below!
Jeanine Englert’s love affair with mysteries and romance began with Nancy Drew, Murder She Wrote, and her Grandmother’s bookshelves full of romance novels. She is a VIVIAN® and Golden Heart® Finalist as well as a Silver Falchion, Maggie, and Daphne du Maurier Award Winner in historical romance and mystery.
Her Scottish Highland historical and historical romantic suspense novels revolve around characters seeking self-acceptance and redemption. When she isn’t wrangling with her characters on the page, she can be found trying to convince her husband to watch her latest Masterpiece or BBC show obsession. She loves to talk about books, writing, her beloved rescue pups, as well as mysteries and romance with other readers. Visit her website at www.jeaninewrites.com.
Social Media Links –