I live in the snow zone, and no matter how prepared you think you are, there is always something you’ve forgotten. So I’ve made you (and myself) a checklist to get done before the snow arrives!
- Fill your car’s gas tank.
- Make sure you have plenty of water,
- Have food on hand that doesn’t require cooking.
- Make sure your heating device has adequate fuel to tide you over. (If I lose electricity, my heat will shut off. So I will burn wood as a backup.)
- Have lots of blankets, sweaters, socks, hats, and coats, in case, you need to dress in layers.
- Charge up all your devices-phones, e-readers, etc.
- Have batteries for flashlights, camping lanterns, and an emergency radio! (I spent a week once listening to that radio when the power went out.)
- Have all your medications filled if needed prior to the storm. Have cold pack, hot packs, and anything medical you might need.
- Have things planned for the family to do like board games, crocheting, knitting, coloring, and reading books.
- Have your external batteries charged, so when your phones lose power, you can plug them in and charge them again.
- Reading a book on your Kindle or with the Kindle app on your tablet will take your mind off things. (For those who have their Kindles charged up, Vampire Princess of New York is a free read on Kindle Unlimited or you can buy it on Amazon Kindle.)
Right now, I am preparing for a large snowstorm to come into my area sometime Friday and then possibly continue through the weekend.
If I have forgotten anything, please, add to the list by commenting. When it comes to snow, get somewhere safe, stay there and be warm.
Susan Hanniford Crowley, Author of Vampire Princess of New York
Amazon Kindle Bestselling Author of Vampire Romance